Happy New Year and welcome to the first QBI newsletter of 2023!
Both abstract submission and registration for the upcoming Spatial Analysis for Biological Imaging (SABI) Workshop are open. Please see below for the latest updates on this workshop.
Spatial Analysis for Biological Imaging
- This is a two-day workshop that will be held from Wednesday, March 29, 2023 to Thursday, March 30, 2023 at the Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus, London. The workshop is hosted and supported by the Quantitative Sciences Research Institute, Imperial College London, in partnership with the QBI Society. The organizers are Ed Cohen (Dept. Mathematics, Imperial), Daniel Davis (Dept. Life Sciences, Imperial), and Raimund Ober (University of Southampton, QBI Society).
- Confirmed invited speakers: Carolina Wählby (Uppsala University). Dylan Owen (University of Birmingham), Thibault Lagache (Institut Pasteur), Anthea Monod (Imperial College London), Anca Grapa (Institute of Cancer Research, London), Daniel Davis (Imperial College London), Sripad Ram (Pfizer, San Diego)
- Abstract submission: Attendees of the workshop are encouraged to submit abstracts on their latest findings in relation to methods for spatial analysis (including spatial statistics, machine learning, and topological data analysis) and their applications in biomedical and clinical investigations. Submit your abstract here by the deadline of January 31, 2023:
- Registration: Registration for the workshop is open and the deadline to register is February 28, 2023. Attendees can choose to attend in person or remotely, but all presenters must attend in person. Please note that space is limited for both types of registration. Please visit the following page for more information and to register: https://www.quantitativebioimaging.com/qbi2023/sabi2023/sabi-2023-registration/
- Website: https://www.quantitativebioimaging.com/qbi2023/sabi2023/
Solicitation for ideas for events: We are looking forward to receiving ideas for events for QBI to (co-)host. We welcome suggestions for workshops as well as for future annual conferences. Importantly, we would also like to encourage ideas for novel events. Please send an email to email@example.com.
Online video archive: On our society website we have videos of most of the presentations at the latest QBI conference. Many of the videos also provide surveys or tutorials of important topics for microscopy. Please visit https://www.quantitativebioimaging.com/video-library to view these videos.
Jobs listings page: We would like to remind you of our jobs page. Here openings can be advertised. They will also be announced on the QBI Twitter account.
Membership: Those interested in the activities of our society can register at https://app.quantitativebioimaging.com/society/register. There is no membership fee, although a donation would be appreciated to help with the costs of running the activities of the society.
Looking forward to hearing from you!